Trucking Insurance

Customized Risk Solutions for the Trucking Industry

Get A Quote

Your business needs protection. The Trucking Industry has its unique and specialized set of risks that need to be mitigated to ensure your business's protection by selecting the right coverages

Your truck drivers might be the best on the road – but they still must contend with other drivers. An accident could lead to another person getting seriously injured, or your semi-truck getting totaled. Commercial auto and trailer coverage helps pay for the cost of lawsuits, property damage, medical bills, and other expenses arising from an accident. It also covers vehicle theft, along with repairs from vandalism and weather events.

Your policy can be customized to match your business. For example, a truck that operates within state lines may need less coverage than a freight truck with an extensive interstate route.

By connecting with Cover Corps, we will help you wade through the myriad of coverage options. Fortunately, Cover Corps can design a customized solution for your Trucking business.

Typical coverages for the Trucking Industry include:

Commercial Auto Liability

Commercial auto liability insurance is an important safeguard for your business. If you or an employee is sued following a serious accident in a truck or vehicle, liability insurance helps protect your company’s assets. A minimum amount of commercial auto liability insurance (or proof of financial responsibility) is required in most states. You need this protection if:

  • Your business owns, leases, or rents any vehicles
  • Employees drive company-owned, leased, or rented vehicles
  • Employees drive their own vehicles while conducting business
  • You or your employees drive company cars for both business and personal use

Cargo Insurance

Your freight is exposed to a lot of risk as it moves through different hands, different trucks, and different terminals. Cargo insurance protects you from financial loss due to damaged or lost cargo. It pays you the amount you’re insured for, if a covered event happens to your freight. And these covered events are usually natural disasters, vehicle accidents, cargo abandonment, customs rejection, acts of war, and piracy.

Non-Trucking Liability Insurance

Non-trucking liability insurance is coverage that protects you when you use your business truck for personal use. Since you are not driving for business purposes, there is no coverage under your trucker’s liability or business auto policy. Most motor carriers require non-trucking liability with owner/operators that sign a lease agreement. The agreement relieves the carrier of any financial responsibility while the trucker is off duty driving the truck. You need Non-trucking Liability Insurance if:

  • You drive your truck for non-commercial purposes
  • Your motor carrier requires the insurance in a lease or other written agreement
  • You want to avoid high liability expenses resulting from an accident

Commercial Auto Physical Damage Insurance

Commercial Auto Physical Damage Insurance covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or stolen. Physical Damage Coverage comes in three forms:

  • Collision coverage pays for physical and mechanical damage to your vehicle if it hits or is hit by an object or another vehicle, or when the vehicle is overturned. Collisions can occur between other cars or stationary objects.
  • Comprehensive coverage pays for any losses to your covered vehicles that are not covered by collision coverage. Common causes of loss include theft, vandalism, flooding, fire, windstorm, hail, and hitting animals or falling objects.
  • Specified Causes of Loss Coverage is a more limited version of comprehensive coverage. This coverage specifies the risks covered, rather than offering broad, all-risks coverage, and it is also generally less expensive, given the narrower scope of coverage. Causes of loss that are covered including fire, lightning, explosion, windstorm, hail, earthquake, flood, and vandalism.

Truckers General Liability Insurance

For-Hire truckers and all motor carriers should consider purchasing Trucker's General Liability. It pays for injuries or property damage you cause as a result of business activities not directly related to operating your truck. This type of insurance may provide coverage for:

  • Customers slipping / falling on your premises
  • Erroneous delivery of products resulting in damage
  • Actions of a driver while representing the insured and on the premises of others
  • Libel and slander exposures
  • Fire on rental property due to insured's error

At Cover Corps we understand the complexities of the Trucking Industry. We pride ourselves in our technology and the ease of connecting you instantly to a licensed insurance professional who knows your business. We are waiting for your questions. Please feel free to chat or call and be immediately connected to Cover Corps. When you need coverage Call Cover Corps

You made it!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about yourself

A licensed agent is on the way!

One last thing...

click to expand

Ready to get a quote?